Treat one of your old dull paintings to a fun Mixed Media Makeover!
This fun, low-stress workshop will:
- Use an old or unfinished painting as an underpainting for adding collage and other mixed media embellishments
- Emphasize paper collage techniques, using handmade papers, decorative paper, and paper from books and magazines.
- Demonstrate ideas for using jewelry, stencils, stamps, ink, and text to give new life to an old artwork.
You don’t have to bring anything except one of your old paintings: the instructors will provide everything else.
Beginning to Intermediate
SUPPLIES INSTRUCTORS WILL BRING
The instructors will bring everything you need for the workshop except the underpainting.
Supplies for Students to Bring
Bring an old artwork that you will use as an underpainting for collage and other embellishments.
Note: For best results, the old artwork you bring should be:
- Figurative (for example, a landscape, portrait, or still life).
- No larger than 11x14 so you can make good progress during the workshop. Smaller is better.
- Acrylic (If you bring a watercolor or pastel artwork, spray it with a fixative so the underpainting will not smudge or run when we add embellishments.)
- On board, canvas, or paper.
The instructors will provide all other supplies, but feel free to bring:
- Favorite papers to use for collage
- Favorite paints and paintbrush
- A paintbrush to use of gluing collage
- Small bits of broken jewelry
- Posca pens or other waterproof markers
- Text, like a quote or words you might want to add to your artwork
- Rags or paper towels
- Small scissors
- A small jar or container so you can take collage medium home if needed
Wanda Paronella and Ruby Eichenour share a love of mixed media and colorful, whimsical artworks.
Both Wanda and Ruby have backgrounds in adult education: Wanda teaches Sip and Paint classes in the Denver area, and she also hosts Colorado mountain art retreats; Ruby has taught ESL and has facilitated a variety of courses and workshops for adult learners in US locations and abroad.
Wanda currently serves as the president of the Aurora Artists Guild, and Ruby is a board member at Park Hill Art Club. Both women emphasize having fun and expressing joy in their artwork and in their teaching.
Email Ruby at email@example.com or call 303 960 0617